Thursday, June 9, 2011

Another Sad Day

I know I'm a few days late on my FlashPoint #1 review and I have good reason. I went to the shop on Tuesday and got my copy of FlashPoint #2 so I figured I'd wait and do a review of both them. But today more sad news was launched from Marvel....

Today Marvel announced that their longest running title without interruption, i.e a reboot was being canceled...Uncanny X-Men. Yep that's right not even a week after Tom Brevoort said there was no current plans to cancel Uncanny X-Men but if the situation arose they would so. So I guess the situation arose this week.

I've been an X-Men fan since I got into comics, hell X-Men is what got me started. Now as time as gone on I've moved away from the X-Men but always have been interested in their universe and even picked up a few of their brand new takes on old ideas. To see the main title since 1963 get the axe just for a bump in sales with a new number one in a month or two is just plain sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment